- Google Doc List of All Educational Chats on Twitter, compiled by Tom Murray (@thomascmurray) and Chad Evans (@cevans5095)
* Follow experts: Get useful information from other experts in your field.
* Participate in Twitter events: Be a part of #INeLearn Thursday night chats, #followfriday, #musicmonday, and similar events to be a part of the community.
* Use hashtags: If you come across a useful hashtag, click on it to see what else you’ll find.
* Pay attention to trends: Stay on top of the latest in your field by seeking out and participating in trending topics.
* Networking: Meet offline with others in your field to get great value out of Twitter.
* Don’t follow too many new people at once: Follow too many people without reciprocation, and you’ll come off as a spammer.
* WeFollow: Find people by industry or hobby using WeFollow.
* Follow back: When you discover new followers, be sure to follow them back if they are interesting or offer value to you.
* Be patient: Amassing Twitter followers doesn’t happen overnight. Be patient, and you’ll build a group of valuable followers.
* Pay attention to timing: Monitor the most popular hours for your Twitter followers, then concentrate your most important messages in those hours for more effective tweeting.
* Don’t try to read everything: You will be on Twitter all day and all night if you try to read every single tweet from your followers-just drop in when you can.
* Use popular tweets as blog posts: If you share a site or bit of information that turns out to be very popular, use it as a jumping off point for a blog post.
* Reply to others: Get involved with the people you follow and engage in the Twitter conversation with replies.
LET'S PRACTICE: We are now going to participate in a short chat. I will initiate the questions. All questions in a chat begin with a Q- representing the word "Question"- ex. Q1, Q2, Q3... and so on. When you respond to a question, respond with A1, A2, A3, and so on. Make sure to include the hashtags that are being used in the chat. Ex.... #sparc14
Let's begin.............. Go to @SparcConference -